Tuesday 21 October 2008

Vikki's Birthday and the world of service

Hey guys,

This will have to be a really quick entry, just to get everyone caught up as my bus is in half an hour.

I've been serving for a couple of weeks now and I'm mostly enjoying it. Sometimes I'll have amazing guests on my tables and it's a fantastically fun job. Other times, the guests are horrible and demanding and you're running around trying to satisfy everyone and you end up weeded and in way over your head. Then it's not so fun!

On my weekend off last week, I had a really busy two days. It was Vikki's birthday so Vikki, Sam, David, Kevin and I went to MK. It was brilliant! We went on all the rides, even the tame ones I've never bothered with like the carosel and Aladdin's Magic Carpets. We got to go on Splash Mountain twice in a row because we wanted to buy a photo but you couldn't make out our faces so we got to go back up the exit and ride it again. We got really, really wet but we were laughing so hard it was worth it.

We got our photo taken with Donald Duck (my mum's favourite character) and Vikki and I tried to stalk Peter Pan but he wasn't around. I love Peter Pan. His my second favourite character after Ariel though there doesn't seem to be alot of stuff availbale with him on it. Shame!

In the evening, we went for dinner at the Wilderness Lodge's Whispering Canyon's Cafe. It was so much fun. Our server threw the straws onto the table at the beginning and when Vikki ordered a large coke, she got a three and a hlaf pint jam jar! She didn't manage it all though. When we asked for ketchup, the server yelled "we need ketchup" and everyone who had ketchup on thier table ran over and gave it to us. We ended up with about fifty bottles! Then someone else called for ketchup and Rhys and Kevin got a little overexcited and gave ALL our ketchup away so we never did get any!

The food was really excellent and I'm hoping to eat there again someday. It was too funny!

Right, I'd better go. Sorry it's a short one!

2 comments:

DisneyTimitu said...

Hey Tori. Hows work going? And life in general in Disney. Your probably getting really busy as Christmas is coming up.

22 more days for me. I arrive Dec. 2nd. I am so excited. I will have to drop by and see you for sure sometime. :) I am loving your blog. You explain things so well in them. You have really helped me pass the time since you have been down there. I cant believe I will soon be there too.

Anyway hope all is going well, and see you soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Update please!!! LOVE reading your blog!