Tuesday 28 April 2009

Time flies!

Wow, I cannot believe I'm staring at the end of April already! It's our nine month anniversary tomorrow! We've been out here for nine whole months. In another month, we're losing Lauren P. unless she gets her extension which I really hope she does. We're meant to be losing Rhys too as those two were both on ten month visas but Rhys has been extended.

I've had a few great tables recently. I served a six top the other day from Canterbury (my home town!) It was bizarre as they knew all the shops on my high street and all the places I mentionned. They were lovely!

A few days ago, we had a scare in the Rose and Crown. I was serving my tables when I heard a woman yelling, "oh my God, she's choking! Someone help us!" I looked over and saw a large woman in a wheelchair in obvious distress. I hurried into the kitchen and called out Chef Bill and Nick who hurried over to help. The woman was so large, one person wasn't capable of delivering the heimlich, two guys ended up joining hands and saving her. The steak came flying out her mouth and was eaten by her service dog which was kind of gross. The poor woman was fine after that. I checked in on the table and she was the nicest woman. I'm glad she's okay.

Last Friday I managed to go on the Haunted Mansio backstage tour thaks to my amazing roommate, Vikki who booked me onto it. It was amazing.

We got to walk the whole attraction and see how everything is done. In one scene, there's a ballroom with dancing see through ghosts in it. I actually got to go down inside the ballroom and discover how the effect is produced. Of course, I can't reveal it here but it's really cool! At the end of the ride, you face a wall and you see your reflection along with a "ghost that follows you home". I got to see how this effect is done too. There are three ghosts, Phineas, Gus and Ezra and you get one of these each time. Ezra is the tallest one and it's considered bad luck to get him. Gus, the shortest is considered good luck while Phineas is undecided. I learnt lots of other secrets but again, I can't reveal them on here. It was brilliant and well worth getting up at 5am.

That's really all I have to tell you right now, I'll write again soon!

No comments: