Wednesday 6 August 2008

Relaxing and Chillin' before work!


The last couple of days have been quite busy. We've done alot of computer training. We all had to pass the RVP (Responsible Vendor Program) before we could start. It's just about the age restrictions on alcohol and things like that. I scored 95% so I passed with no problems. Everyone did except for one guy who misunderstood all the questions. He re-did it and passed.

We were told that moving up to server is a priviledge that we have to earn. You can earn quite alot of money from tips in a service position so I've made my mind up to learn the menu as fast as I can so I can move up. It's not easy. You have to learn the name of the item, the prices, the allergy information and the ingredients. Then you have a test about menu knowledge and you have to do a menu spiel to three managers and a chef. Luckily, I thrive on study. I love learning things and actually regret the fact that homework stops when you leave school. I would love to help my little sister with her homework but she never asks. I wish she would. Oh well.

It's my day off today. I started with a swim this morning and then a group of us went over to Hollywood Studios (the new name for MGM). We managed to catch the new High School Musical show and had a bit of a dance. It was great! Rhys and Lauren P. had a proper groove. Little did they know I recorded it (hee hee!)

Tonight is our "Throw In" though we're not allowed to call it that. It's a meet and greet. We get to meet all the other UK cast members which sounds great. However, there's normally some kind of initiation. In the past, they would throw poop, sick and pee over the new arrivals. Luckily Disney found out and clamped down on it. I can't believe anyone would think that was fun! It's disgusting. Still, while it won't be pee, something is going to happen. The really annoying thing (for you guys) is I can't tell you what happens! I'm pretty sure we end up sworn to secrecy. I only hope it's nothing too bad.

I'm spending the rest of today catching up on washing and sorting out of paperwork. I'll also give it another shot at menu learning. So far I know three of the appetizers and I'm confortable being questionned on them. However, there's seven appetizers! Then all the entrees, mains, desserts, kids menu and cocktails. I'd better get cracking. Wish me luck!

No comments: