Thursday 7 August 2008

The Throw In

We had our "throw in", sorry, "meet and greet" last night. We had to all go round to Heather's apartment here at The Commons. When we walked in EVERYONE from the UK was there! There must have been about 60 odd people in that room! We were shut away in the bedroom while the main room was "prepared". It was extremely nerve wracking to be in there knowing something was going to happen but not what. A few of the others were majorly freaking out. I'm talking shaking and dry heaving, hat's how nervous they were. I figured they can't kill you or damage you too severely and as I'm pretty difficult to embarrass, I was quite relaxed. The door opened and Tino and Nic were selected and the door was closed again. We tried to eavesdrop but aside from catcalls and laughter, we heard nothing. I was next with Pippa. We went out and.....that's all you're gonna get. I can't tell you what happened but it wasn't anything too bad. It was a bit embarrassing for some of us but it was okay. Just go along with it, don't be afraid to get involved and relax. It's a great way to meet the people in your pavillion.

At the end, we were assigned "parents", people who look out for us while we're here. I got the amazing Dave as my dad and someone called Katherine for my mum. Afterwards Dave came and introduced himself but I never saw Katherine. I imagine we'll catch up soon though.

I had today off and I went to the Buena Vista outlet centre for my Disney Look shoes. I found some comfy ones and they weren't extortionate. I also got some tights (pantyhose) and trainer socks.

In the evening, I went to Downtown Disney with Lauren (Tigger). We had a good look around and I spent more than I intended too but luckily I was paid yesterday so it shouldn't matter. When we got back, we went to see Rhys and was surprised at how we found him! Apparantly, that's how he cooks!

I start tomorrow as AM Seater. I'm actually quite excited. I'm a little nervous but that's to be expected, right? So, tomorrow I start work at the UK Pavillion at EPCOT. If I get a chance, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: