Wednesday 17 September 2008

Return 2 Zero, Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney!

Again, it's been a few days since I last blogged. Time really is flying at the moment. I'm still counting down to my service days! Only 11 days to go! My friend, Gareth, has already started as a food runner and he made $148 in a day! It's not just the money that interests me for service. I'm really looking forward to getting to know my guests and making them happy, especially the children. As you guys know, I'm into my magic and I am really looking forward to showing some of my tricks to families.

I've had the last couple of days off (yay!) I spent yesterday running errands. I did all my laundry, visited Publix, the post office and the bank and just really sorted things out. In the evening, I got together with Kevin, Vikki and Sam and we went to Pleasure Island again. It closes really soon so we decided to go for one last time. Hmmm, I can see why it's closing. The place was completely empty! We started off in the Adventurer's Club. Ummm...how to describe it? It was the most random club I've ever been in! It has loads of themed rooms and a show takes place in them. We went in the main room and a maid tap danced while calling for audience participation. We slid down in our seats and avoided eye contact. It was like watching someone elses drug induced dreams. VERY odd. We quickly moved on to 8Trax which is a 70's club. I loved it! It was my kind of music and I danced along to a jazzed up version of the Copacabana! However, the others got bored so we moved on to Mannequins. The rotating dance floor kept me occupied for a while but we soon moved back to 8Trax before heading home.

Today was amazing! I went to Hollywood Studios and went straight on Tower of Terror and the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Then I made a bee line for the Beauty and the Beast show. Even though this show is amazing and well worth seeing, it's not the reason I go. I love the preshow group "Four for a Dollar" (also called "Return 2 Zero"). They're an accapella group (which means they sing with no instruments) and I think they are amazing! The first time I saw them, I was really impressed. I listened to them and I thought I could hear drums. Then I looked at Doug and realised HE was producing the sound! I was amazed and I've been a fan ever since. Today I really wanted their new CD but everywhere I tried was sold out. I found out the boys finish at Hollywood Studios on Saturday. I was quite upset as I love those guys! Still, it explained why I couldn't find their CD. I asked Mike, one of the cast members and he told me that they were sold out all over the park. I was really disappointed. I told him I was a huge fan and he asked me to meet him at the theatre at 5.30pm. I came back at that time and found out that Mike had arranged for me to meet the guys! Honestly, I was so excited, you'd think I was meeting Take That or Boyzone or any other boyband. Personally, I think these guys are better as they have talent rather than pretty boy looks. I got a hug from all four (Doug, Marshall, Andrew and Sammy). They were really great and I loved meeting them. Even better, backstage we got chatting about music taste and I mentionned I was a Carpenter's fan. They asked if I knew "Only Yesterday" which I did and then I got to sing it with them doing back up! It was only backstage but it was amazing. Doug complimented my singing voice! Those guys will be VERY sadly missed. Mike was amazing arranging that for me and I made sure I called by Guest Services on the way out to commend him.

This evening I went to Downtown Disney for ice cream with David. We sat overlooking the water when we saw a guy swing his leg over the railing, climb down and squat under the bridge. We watched him because we were curious. He just sat there with his mobile phone so we went to the nearest Cast Member and let them know. The reaction seemed to be a little out of proportion because they came running over calling for security! When David and I got on the bus, it looked like they were stopping people going into Pleasure Island. Hmmm....

It's been an amazing day but I'm off to bed now! G'night!

1 comment:

Sandy Martin said...

I'm so jealous you got to experience Pleasure Island! I looooove disco and just know I'd have a blast at 8Trax. I'm super bummed I never got to go.

I'm excited for you to be a server! You'll be a rich woman! :)