Saturday 13 September 2008

Spiels, Pleasure Island and packages from home

Hey Guys,

It's been a really busy few days and I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while. I only have fifteen minutes to do this as my bus is due soon so here goes.

I spent my last two days off learning the menu until I felt comfortable spieling any item. Then when I got into work, I went into the kitchen to find a chef to spiel to. I found all three head chefs and asked who was available and they got me to do all three at once right there and then in the kitchen with everyone staring! It was pretty nerve racking. Bill and Brandon smiled encouragingly at me whenever I caught their eye but Amber was just expressionless. I couldn't read her reactions at all and her stone faced expression really scared me. I'm not sure she knows how intimidating she can be. Still, I got to the end and answered the questions set to me and they told me I'd passed. YES! I then spieled to Yvette one of the managers and she passed me too. I now have a date for service (28th!) Brilliant! I feel like the fun starts now. I'm really looking forward to getting to know our guests and entertaining the kids with my magic tricks (because, after all, kids is what I'm qualified in!) It's gonna be great!

I worked in Chippie last night from 4pm to 12.30am! It was a long shift but I had a great closing team (Rhys and Lynda) and we all had fun and time passed really quickly. Sometimes Chippie isn't completely soul crushing. Sometimes....

I went out to Pleasure Island after work one evening. They're closing all the nightclubs there soon so we wanted to go and check them out before they vanish forever. It was a really good night. we were at PI until 2am when they kicked us out so they could close, then we carried on to IHOP (International House of Pancakes). Only in America can you sit eating pancakes in a crowded restaurant at 4am! We walked back from there and I finally got to bed around 5.30am! It was excellent!

I just got a phonecall from the main desk here at the Commons. I have a package (Yay!) so I'm off to pick that up.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

Sandy Martin said...

Congrats on your start date for serving!! That's excellent!!

Heart2Art said...

Cheers mate!