Thursday 15 January 2009

Slow times

It's typical. During the really busy period when I was working so much I didn't have time to report on what I was up to. Now its so quiet, I have plenty of time to blog but nothing much to tell you. Ironic, huh? Still, I've got a few things to write about.

Work is really quiet at the moment. It's actually quite nice after the craziness of Christmas and New Year. Managers are giving out alot of ADO's and ER's (Authorised Days Off and Early Releases). The only draw back is money is getting a bit tight. Still, I'm enjoying the free time. I was ER'ed today so I used the time to visit the bank and Walmart and run a few errands. Not terribly exciting but still stuff that needed to be done.

On my days off, I've been taking full advantage of the parks being so quiet. On Saturday I met up with a few friends (Rene, Iselin and Vader - all Norweigans), and we went over to Hollywood Studios. Hollywood is my favourite park and we had a great time doing all the rides. We really loved Toy Story Mania! We did boys V girls and naturally, the girls won! Hee hee!

We also went on the Tower of Terror (one of my favourites!). Unfortunately, I've been on it so many times, I'm getting rather blase about it. To make it a little different, we did special poses for the in ride photo! If you were there that day, you'd have noticed a photo with a couple kissing Rene and Iselin) and a girl reading Star Wars. It's actually really funny, all you can see are my eyes over the top of the book! It was funny!

In the afternoon, we ate at the 50's Prime Time Diner. It was brilliant! Our server (Memory) was awesome. She told me off for giving my greens to Rene and she made me stand in the corner with my head against the wall! I was laughing so hard I could barely stand. Memory picked on Rene even more. She called him Poky and kept telling him off for putting his elbows on the table. To stop him she drew a line of tomato ketchup! Rene still managed to put his elbows on the table so Memory made him stand up and sing "I'm a Little Teapot", complete with actions! It was so funny!

A few days ago, I got a bit of a blast from the past when an old friend turned up. I worked with Lil Steve on the ship and he was in Florida so we caught up. We ate at The Rose and Crown and visited EPCOT and MK. It was great!

Well, now you're up to date. I'll write again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toy Story: Girls kicked ass!! :D