Thursday 24 July 2008

Disney Look Shoes - NOT!

Today was my sister bonding day with my 14 year old sister, Toni. She asked if we could spend the day together as she won't be seeing me for a year. How could I say no to that?

We went over to Margate, our local seaside town and played in the arcades. We also went bowling and (more importantly), SHOPPING! I used our visit to Primark (I love Primark), to buy a few bits for Florida. Nothing wildly exciting. Just a t-shirt and other small things. I made sure I got Toni some new clothes though. She loved all the attention!

We called in at Shoe Express and I bought a new pair of black work shoes. These shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had and I was really hoping they'd suffice for Florida. However, I'm unsure if they conform to "The Disney Look". I read Jenn's blog (highly recommended), and she said they had to be polishable, black and lace ups. However, later she said that by lace-ups she means "go all the way up". I'll take them anyway. If they're right, GREAT! If not, well, its not the end of the world. They only cost £10!

I've really got to start thinking seriously about packing. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I know roughly what I want to take so it shouldn't be too difficult. I'm a little worried about the duvet and pillows. You have to bring your own bedding and a duvet but if I do that, my luggage will be full before I even pack! Our flight lands at 3.30pm and I am hoping to get the chance to visit Wal-Mart the same day to buy the bedding. If not, it may be an uncomfortable first night! I know alot of the others on my flight are planning on buying their bedding out there too so it won't be just me. Wal-Mart is 24 hours so it shold be possible.

Well, maybe I can start some of the packing tonight? I could at least get stuff in one pile, ready to go. Of course, if I pack my actual bag, Sunny will just climb into it too so I'll have to leave that until the very last minute.

Gotta go.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey, the shoes I needed were for Canadian F&B. If you're working in the UK since the costume is different you might have different expectations. I know merch is able to wear flats since they aren't running around in a kitchen or around a cart with spilt beer, water and lots of things to make you slip and slide ;). Either way, they are VERY cute flats!

See you soon!

Heart2Art said...

Cheers Jenn! You're a star!