Monday 21 July 2008

Eight Days and Counting

Wow, time is creeping up on me now. In only 8 days I'll be on a plane on my way to Florida! Yikes, that seems really close now.

I'm all sorted with everything I need to do. I've got my visa, flight ticket and insurance. I've even got my US currency. It feels a little like I'm carrying around the bank set from Monopoly but I'll get used to dollars again. I remember the last time I came back from working in America, I was amazed by the shape of a British 50p piece! It seemed so strange to me after quarters and dimes!

The last few days have been taken up with seeing family and friends to say goodbye. I've been up to Shropshire to say goodbye to my best friend, Louise and yesterday my little brother came down from Norwich to wish me luck. Bless him.

I don't think I really realised before but I'm going to be away from my family for an entire year! That's the longest I've ever gone. In fact, it's twice as long as one of my average trips. I'm going to miss everyone loads but the one I'm most worried about is my little niece, Isobel. She's two at the moment and the most amazing little girl! I'm going to be gone for a third of her entire life! I'm so scared she'll forget her Auntie Tori. I love that little girl so much. When I get back, she'll be three and a half! Nearly school age! Scary.

The next few days are pretty busy for me. Tomorrow I'm going out with my sister, Karen and little Izzy. Then I'm spending Wednesday with mum and my younger sister, Toni, has asked for a "sister bonding day" on Thursday which is really sweet....I'm hoping to start packing on Friday. I know some of the others who are on my flight have packed already but I'll wait a while yet.

Eight days to go. Yikes.....

1 comment:

Gerard said...

Hey Tori,
I am guessing your really nervous or you just cant wait to get there and begin right? Well it sounds really cool make sure you post photo's on your blog and keep us up to date too.

Take care talk soon

Jerry