Saturday 26 July 2008

Sunrise - The Demon Moulting Cat!

I went to town yesterday to use the photocopier in the library. I photocopied all the documentation I'm going to need. I put in too much money and as the machine didn't give change, I ended up with about four extra copies of my birth certificate. Still, I'm sure they'll come in useful.

I finally got round to packing today. I know most people who are going the same day (next Tuesday) are already packed. However, I prefer to do my packing later because I hate having to think "oh, I need that, I can't pack it yet". At least now, all I need to put in is my toothbrush, razor and my diary.

I got everything out onto my bed in order to pack it. I spread it out in piles such as "night stuff", "underwear", "swimwear" etc. I was dashing all over the house trying to find certain items that I wanted to pack. I must have looked through the washing box four times for a certain red top without success. I looked again hours later and it was there. God knows how I missed it!

Anyway, it was hot today and my bedroom is the size of a mousehole and extremely stuffy. I left the stuff on my bed and went downstairs to cool off and watch Friends. I forgot one rather important thing though. My cat, Sunrise. Sunny will sit where ever you don't want her to. Buy her a catbed, she'll ignore it. Put down your visa papers, she'll park herself on top of them! I wouldn't mind so much except she is moulting something awful. I have no idea how she still has fur, the amount I'm finding all over the house. When I'd finished laughing at the exploits of Joey and Chandler, I went back upstairs. Sunny was laying across most of the clothes on my bed! I shooed her off but they were so furry, I almost mistook one of my socks for a mouse and battered it to death! I had to wash everything again. I put the remaining piles in my case then headed for the washing machine. Guess who was sitting in my case when I returned?!? I love my cat, I really do but I swear she was doing her best to wind me up today! Still, I'll miss the little furball.

So, that's my main case all packed. I've got all of Sunday and Monday to think if there's anything else I need to put in there. At the moment, I think I've got everything I need. I still need to sort out my hand luggage but I know what I'm taking in there too so it won't be a major job. I kind of wish I was going tomorrow because then I wouldn't have to wait. Still, the next two days will pass quite fast. I still need to get a couple of case padlocks plus a combination lock for my locker in Florida.

Right, well, I'm off to watch some more Friends. Only three more days!

No comments: